Mom Goes On officially opened for business only a couple of weeks ago, but it had been hovering in the back of my mind for several months. With the departure of both our oldest and our youngest looming, I needed a new and challenging project to look forward to. The writing has been great fun, but the support of the blogging community has been important to me, too.
So I was pretty happy today when I checked my notifications and discovered that a reader had nominated my blog for a Liebster award. Many thanks to Jennifer at JenniferWindram.com, both for reading and for the nomination! Here are the Liebster details:
-Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them.
-Answer the 10 questions given to you by the nominator.
-Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
-Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
-Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them
Answers to the questions I was asked:
1. What is your best summer memory? Camping and cabining, the whole family all together.
2. Do you sing in the shower? Sometimes…but since we have two real vocalists in the house I’m a little reluctant to share my lack of vocal prowess.
3. Have you ever put an empty carton of milk/juice back in the refrigerator? Never! Aaaaargh!
4. Which bug do you like better: Roly Poly (pill bug) or Ladybug? Why? Ladybug – cheerful red and six legs is way less creepy than muddy grey and an undetermined number of legs.
5. Who is the person who makes you laugh so hard soda comes out of your nose and tears stream down your face? All three kids, but most often our son. He occasionally makes me laugh so hard I can’t breathe.
6. Where do you go when you need to get away from it all? Uhhhhh….I don’t really have anything to get away from.
7. Do you ever hide from door to door salespeople? Almost every time. Except, strangely, for a few minutes ago when a young lady our kids used to babysit for came by with a fundraiser for an orchestra trip to Boston. Couldn’t turn her down.
8. When do you decide it’s time to get gas? 1/2 tank? 1/4 tank? Warning light has been on for 10 miles? Whenever my husband has time…he was raised to believe women should never have to pump gas, and I hate to shatter his illusions.
9. What is the one talent you wish you had? I wish I could look at a list of numbers or a budget spreadsheet and not have my brain immediately shut down.
10. If you could time travel would you go to the future or the past? The past, definitely. Probably to Edwardian England.
Ten questions for nominees to answer:
1. Do you make your bed daily?
2. What’s your favorite musical genre?
3. What movie can you watch over and over again and still love?
4. Name three movies/shows in your “recently watched” lineup on Netflix.
5. Describe the first car you ever owned/drove.
6. Milk chocolate or dark chocolate?
7. What’s a favorite comfort food?
8. Who was your favorite teacher and why?
9. What was the last book you read, and thumbs up or thumbs down?
10. Where would your dream vacation be?
Ten other blogs, in no particular order (they’re all good – check them out!), which I nominate for a Liebster:
Wow, that was a lot – if you made it to the end of this post, congratulations…and maybe we both have too much time on our hands…