I found a nice surprise in my notifications yesterday -Teddy from You, Me, and Teddy nominated me for a Liebster. I love seeing what she’s been up to with her family, so I hope you’ll take a minute to check out her blog!
Liebster Award rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Nominate 11 other blogs with less than 500 followers.
- Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Tag your nominees & post a comment on their blog to let them know you nominated them.
My Liebster nominations for 11 other blogs I always enjoy and hope you’ll check out, in no particular order:
10. Mobyjoe Cafe
I loved Teddy’s questions, and here are my answers:
- How did you decide on the title of your blog? I thought about that for quite a while before choosing. The idea that I’ll go on being a mom even with my kids in college was comforting. And I tend to go on and on, so…
- In your opinion, what is the best blog post you’ve written so far? Give us the link. My favorite, and the one that best summarizes my attitude toward chores is Housekeeping Tips From a Very Indifferent Housekeeper.
- What’s the best advice you ever received? “Good enough is good enough. Don’t stress and don’t feel guilty.”
- If you could live anywhere in the world where would you choose? England, definitely.
- What would be your ideal day out? Coffee, an off-beat cafe for lunch, shopping at thrift and consignment shops, with my two girls.
- What is your favourite recipe? (Can you share it?) Spider Cookies: Dump a bag of semisweet chips, a bag of butterscotch chips, and chow mein noodles into a large pot with a can of cashew pieces. Melt chips, stir to mix, drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper, and freeze. Oh, dear – now I think I will have to make some.
- What is your most cherished memory?
- How many hours did you sleep last night? 7 1/2 hours – with only a few minutes of wide-awake time in the middle of the time. Not bad.
- If you had to live in a decade other than the current one, which would you choose? 1900-1910, provided I didn’t experience any illnesses that would require decent medical care…
- Who is your favorite author? No way to choose just one, so here’ s a severely truncated list: Alexander McCall Smith, Jane Austen, Beverly Cleary, Philip Gulley, Miss Read, J.K Rowling…
- What makes you laugh out loud? Monty Python and our three kids, especially when they’re all together
Questions for my Liebster nominees:
1. Last good book you read?
2. Quick! Name one favorite from your Ipod or whatever device you prefer for music.
3. On that subject, what’s your favorite mobile device and why?
4. Describe a favorite toy of your childhood.
5. If you’re a parent (and I think you all are), describe a time you were especially proud of one of your kids.
6. What’s the best post you’ve ever written, in your opinion? Provide the link so we can check it out!
7. What outfit are you most likely to wear on a Saturday?
8. What’s your favorite television series?
9. What are you most likely to order if you find yourself at a really good coffeehouse?
10. Who was the last person to take out the trash at your house?
11. If you could meet any historical figure, who would it be and why?
I look forward to seeing what responses we get!