I’m thrilled and honored that Saving My Life: Breaking the Yo-Yo has nominated me for a Sunshine Award. It’s so lovely to know that someone out there appreciates what you have to say – isn’t that why we write? I’ve been admiring this attractive Sunshine Award graphic on other blogs for a long time…and now I get to add it to Mom Goes On!
Sunshine Award Rules:
- Use the logo above in the post
- Link to whoever nominated you
- Write ten pieces of information about yourself
- Nominate ten fellow bloggers
- Leave a comment on the nominees’ blogs to tell them of the award
Ten Pieces of Info About Me
1. Anyone who knows me now finds this hard to believe (I now have neither the physique nor the temperament), but I was a cheerleader in both junior high and high school. I loved wearing that adorable uniform!
2. I have a sister who is 18 years younger than I am.
3. I’ve lived in the same house for 25 years now. I love that sense of permanence.
4. I hate getting my hair cut. I’ll put it off for months rather than sit in that chair and try to make conversation with someone I don’t know.
5. I studied German for eight years in school. Mainly chose German because everyone else chose Spanish or French.
6. Also took piano lessons for eight years. I’ve lost most of that ability, but who knows…maybe I’ll take it up again one day.
7. I love to read cozy mysteries. Totally an escape from real life.
8. I can make a whistle sound like a dove by blowing through cupped hands. Learned this vital skill while in junior high.
9. It’s a dream of mine to one day live in Europe.
10. I love a good thunderstorm.
Blogs I’m nominating for the Sunshine Award (All of these appear in my reader and I read just about every post – they’re definitely worth your time!)