Many thanks to “Saving My Life – Breaking the Yo-Yo” for nominating me for the Dragon’s Loyalty Award! This one is for bloggers who read and/or comment loyally. What a treat!
Here are the award rules:
- Display the award certificate on your blog…check
- Announce your win with a post and link to whoever presented your award. ..check
- Present 15 or so awards to deserving bloggers…check (see below)
- Send the nominees a comment to let them know of their nomination…working on this one
- Post seven interesting things about yourself…check (again, see below…but I can’t guarantee the interesting-ness of the “things”)
My list of nominees includes blogging friends who make my day as they read and send thoughtful comments – and when I read their blogs! All of these are worth checking out:
April at Finding Beauty in Spite of Myself
Valerie at Atlanta Mom of Three
Beth at Beth Dahleen
Jennifer at And Three To Go
Cate at The Clear Parent
Angie at OCD In The Family
And now seven (insert dubious facial expression here) “interesting” things about me:
1. I’ve published three books – one on my own and two with my awesome friend and co-author, Bernadette.
2. Eight or so years ago I had brain surgery that involved sinuses. a hole in my skull, and a plug for that hole made from fat taken out of my thigh. They did not take out enough fat, in my opinion.
3. All my life I’ve been asked regularly “where I’m from.” The most frequent guess is Greece. Yeah, I’ve got olive skin and dark hair, but as far as anyone knows my family of origin is Irish and German.
4. I would rather read and watch a movie on Netflix than have a “night out.” (See? That is totally not interesting. I’m getting desperate.)
5. I once met Paul Newman at a classic sports car race. (Yay, I thought of something!) His eyes are really as blue as they appear on screen.
6. My oldest daughter was in the same graduating class at Northwestern as Tom Hanks’ son. My friend Bernadette’s daughter was at Vassar with Tom Hanks’ daughter. Coincidence?
7. I can’t blow up balloons because my ear tubes are a mess and things freak out inside my head. As it turns out, I really don’t like balloons, so this all works out just fine. (Wow, that one was really a stretch.)
This has been fun – I’m hoping to read “interesting” things about my nominees!