I’m woefully slow in responding, but at some point in the not-too-distant past Merryn (and what a beautiful name that is!) at Humble Heart Scribbles nominated me for the “One Lovely Blog” award. Thank you, Merryn! I suspect I’m not the only blogger who feels humbled and honored to hear that something she’s written has touched the heart or mind of a reader.
- Thank the person who has nominated you. Provide a link to his/her blog. (check!)
- List the rules and display the award image. (check!)
- Include 7 facts about yourself. (check!)
- Nominate 15 other bloggers and let them know that they have been nominated. This is a way to introduce others to bloggers that you love. (check! – sort of)
- Display the award logo and follow the blogger who nominated you. (check!)
At the risk of boring to tears anyone who’s still reading, here are “seven things about me:”
- I LOVE to read. Mostly cozy mysteries, but also history, biography, and general literature. And my very favorite books (and the friends within them) are on my shelf to read over and over and over again.
- I’ve never had a nickname. I do not feel deprived by the lack.
- I also LOVE crafting and handwork. Long ago I did a lot of embroidery and cross stitch. Now it’s mostly knitting, crocheting, and interesting projects I make up on my own to give as gifts. Oh, and jewelry making.
- The only time I ever bought a lottery ticket was once a couple of years ago when there was a huge prize and my co-workers and I went in for a big pile of tickets. I work for a church. Make of that what you will. We’re a raucous bunch.
- I had a secret admirer for a few weeks at one point in my life. It was creepy. I don’t recommend it.
- I am a total neat freak. But I can live with some dust and grime. Especially if I don’t put on my glasses.
- I loved standardized test days when I was in school. I would finish as quickly as I could and then we were allowed to just sit and READ.
Okay, now I’m going rogue. Nominating 15 other bloggers just seems excessive. But here are five I never miss:
I hope you’ll check these writers out – they’re well worth your time!