Things you can’t do when you’ve accidentally removed the top of your thumb:
- Chop vegetables (actually, anything involving the word “chop” is not only impossible today, but it also makes me feel nauseous).
- Use the thumbprint scanner to unlock your phone.
- Avoid getting a tetanus shot.
- Sleep comfortably.
- Button, zip or otherwise fasten any article of clothing.
Today’s question: When sporting a BandAid on the thumb, is it better to leave the cute new thumb ring off to avoid drawing attention to the injury? I’m going with on, as a sort of reward for having survived the thumb-chopping incident mostly intact.
Oh, and just as an aside, the “New and improved” post writing thingy (you know, “Beep Beep Boop.”) is a pain in the ass. Things you can’t do on it:
- See the tags you’re trying to type in the “add tags” box.
- Type a post without hurling four-letter-words.
- Figure out how to schedule a post.