In the “complete and utter fool” category today:
- Forewent (I don’t think that’s a word but I’m going with it) a morning walk because it would make me later getting to my office than I wanted to be today.
- Ended up stopping at Dunkin Donuts for a coffee and a Boston cream, eating up almost half the time I saved by not getting up and exercising.
- Shared a thing on Facebook about Rick Perry entering the presidential race, along with a terribly snarky comment about the GOP clown car being full to bursting, and got back several pissed off comments from die-hard right wingers. I stand by my snark, but seriously – will I never learn?
- Repeatedly left my phone in my car, thereby missing several important phone calls.
In the “just a tiny bit awesome” category:
- Co-led our monthly support group for people living with a depressed person, along with my friend/neighbor/co-author. I think we all came away with a sense of having helped each other.
- Actually thought to stop by work after the support group to give much-needed hugs to our two admnistrative people, who have taken the lion’s share of the crap revolving around one of our other co-workers ending her 14 years of employment there. It’s been an extremely difficult week for them, and they didn’t deserve to be the dumping ground for all that stress.
The “complete and utter fool” outweighs the “just a tiny bit awesome,” in my mind. Ah, well. My proposed penance:
- I’ll go for a walk now before the next wave of thunderstorms hits (that’s a given around here in the last month or so). And will make a point of getting that exercise in every day this weekend.
- I will NOT look at Facebook for at least 24 hours.
- I won’t dwell on the “just a tiny bit awesome” stuff, lest my head get so big it won’t fit through the door.
And…on to the weekend.