Having made it through this year’s torture, I have a few reflections:
- They really need to position the exam tables in such a way that my naked butt isn’t showing through the door when the doc enters and leaves.
- There is not enough air conditioning in that place. Sweaty, peri-menopausal women stick to the paper and plastic pads that get placed under their lady parts.
- Maybe if I changed doctors constantly I wouldn’t have someone catching me up because I haven’t followed through on some of the health-related torture I’m supposed to be doing regularly at this point in my life. It’s something to consider.
- Note to self: Always wear your best underwear on exam day. Every scrap of clothing you’re wearing that day is going to be piled on the tiny chair next to the exam table during the visit, and the thought of any of my falling-apart or sweat-stained undergarments being on view is abhorrent. Thankfully I managed to wear new undies today.
- Standing in a small room completely nude while you can hear strangers talking at the nurses’ station RIGHT OUTSIDE THE DOOR is not a comfortable experience.
Let’s don’t do this again for awhile, okay? Like for at least a whole year. Bleh.