…and donning my Superwomwan cape.
Today begins the only “vacation” I’ll have this summer. To keep from feeling guilty about being away from my office for the next week, I was an overachiever yesterday:
- wrote all the lessons plans for the fall, for the one class in which the curriculum we use has absolutely un-useable plans
- consulted with the guy who’s kindly offered to repaint two of our classrooms, so he can get to it while I’m gone
- bought all paint and supplies for the project
- prepared two rooms for painting. Having forgotten that I would need to do this yesterday, I was dressed in fairly nice clothes. Which quickly turned into very sweaty clothes.
On this first day of vacation I can take it easy – only two things on my check list:
- prime the downstairs bathroom because YES! The Boy got all the drywall finished and sanded yesterday
- take The Boy to have his tonsils out and care for / worry about him for the rest of the day and overnight
Interestingly, either one of the things on today’s check list would generally be enough for one day.
But I’ve got my Superwoman cape on. And my fingers crossed.