Bedroom redecoration Days 2 and 3: Mistakes were made.

It was a mammoth task, but we’ve got the bedroom project nearly complete, after a full weekend of thinking of nothing else. It was a triumph of persevering in the face of adversity:

I miscalculated on the paint color. I would have preferred a much darker grey, and until we got all the darker grey items into in the room, the color we used really argued with the turquoise cart and bedside tables. The finished product is not quite perfect, but I do like it.

12540688_878903795559504_4132301057492513656_n

12439546_878903835559500_4245387762497243706_n

In spite of measuring, measuring, estimating, and more measuring, most of the pieces did NOT fit where I had intended to put them. And the chair we’ve had in our room for several years turned out to be way too big to fit anywhere. Not to mention the fact that we had planned to recover that large chair, but that turned out to be too much for our limited skills. Luckily there was a perfect chair in The Boy’s room from when I redecorated in there a couple of years ago. He generously agreed to a trade. Long story short,  we had about an hour of moving furniture in and out, trying to get the perfect configuration.

12509697_878903732226177_5104060431141376558_n

The biggest mistake was the accidental purchase of 1/2 of an IKEA 6-drawer dresser and 1/2 of an IKEA three-drawer chest. An emergency IKEA run in the middle of the project to exchange the three-drawer half didn’t make anyone happy on Saturday, but we plowed through it and made it work.

12509586_878903748892842_4591760162219080868_n

12494873_878903768892840_7537263111117054825_n

Installing power strips on the wall, on both sides of the bed. Love it!

There are still a few finishing touches to work out – wall art, pillow shams, robe hooks, cord covers. But we’ve turned a grubby, dated room into a warm, cozy haven in just three days.

Winning!

 

Advertisements

4 thoughts on “Bedroom redecoration Days 2 and 3: Mistakes were made.

  1. Glad you got it (nearly) all done and are happy with the results! I can see why you had to fix the dresser snafu. Half a 6-drawer dresser and half a 3-drawer dresser would have made a 4.5-drawer dresser, and half a drawer is just weird. 🙂

    Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s