Today I’m thankful to Danielle at Mom’s Eye View for nominating me for the Very Inspiring Blog award. I think blog awards are always fun – I learn more about my favorite writers, and I get great recommendations for even more blogs to read. But there’s something about being considered “inspiring.” I get so much from the bloggers I follow daily – so I feel very humbled that someone else finds my random thoughts helpful.
So here are the rules for this one:
1. Thank the person who nominated you. 2. List the rules and display the badge. (Listing them now, badge below.) 3. Share 7 facts about yourself. 4. Nominate 15 other blogs and notify them.
Hmmm…7 facts about myself…here goes:
1. I really don’t like seafood. Shrimp is good, but it often makes me ill…
2. So it’s a good thing I live in the landlocked Midwest, because one thing I do love is a good steak!
3. I’m nuts about period dramas, if they’re done well. NOT Downton Abbey – it went south after the first season. Even Maggie Smith’s quips aren’t enough to keep me interested.
4. If you have a plant you want to kill, give me a call. I’ll have it dead for you in a week. I can just barely manage to keep my garden looking nice until the serious heat of the summer comes along…which just arrived this week…
5. I would LOVE to have a dog …but people in my house are severely allergic and/or terrified of dogs. It’s a sad life, folks.
6. The only two radio stations I listen to in my beloved tiny white van are the two closest NPR stations. If I want music I plug in my phone.
7. I will even listen to NPR during pledge weeks. There is something wrong with me.
Nominations to other bloggers
Here I give huge credit to Danielle for declaring anarchy and nominating only five bloggers. I love a lot of blogs, but 15 is too daunting. So here, in the spirit in which this award was given to me, are my list of five (plus one more, which I couldn’t leave out):
1. Doodle Mum Okay, strictly speaking there isn’t a whole lot of writing on this delightful blog. But that’s one of the things I love about it. This is one VERY talented mom, and her depictions of family life through her artwork melt my heart every day.
2. Robena McCormick , whose posts are either thoughtful or amusing or both, but always something special.
3. Crumbs Off The Table This dear woman has ten times the energy I’ll ever hope to have. I love reading about her projects, from cooking to creating a Montessori-type play group in her home. She inspires me to try things I might have thought I could never do.
4. My Twice Baked Potato Kelly’s story of going the VERY courageous route of home-schooling her son (as a former public school teacher I understand how hard this very necessary decision must have been) keeps me fascinated. Not to mention the way she took on her school district when her son’s needs were not met in the classroom…she’s a hero!
5. So Long Suburbia This chronicle of adjusting to city life with small children in the family is a real eye-opener. I’m in awe of Barbara’s excellent attitude and spirit of adventure…not to mention her ability to write beautiful prose!
6. Atlanta Mom of Three Valerie does an excellent job of informing readers about important and interesting topics AND creating community in the blog world. Always a good read.
So there you have it! I hope you’ll check out the excellent blogs above – you’ll be glad you did!